Resolutions Smezolutions... What & Who really matters...
So far, not so good on my first 2007 resolution. Earlier in the week I had thought that I would go to the SAM/SAAM. It just didn't happen tonight. But all is not lost! There are free first Saturdays at many places in the city as well.
Truth be told, I'm a bit tired tonight. I had a mid-week escapade outing with an old friend that was in town. A downtown walk led to dinner, dinner turned into after-dinner coffee, after-dinner coffee turned into a regrettable good bye. Our visit was all too short. This friend is moving to a totally new locale; one that is foreign, far from here, and provides a fresh start.
With Grey's Anatomy being another re-run, I'm off to work on knitting and reading. Updates to follow with photos!
I'm a late-20-something living in Seattle. I enjoy everything from knitting to going out on the town. This blog is dedicated to my creative endeavours and daily life...whether they are successful or not!
Ok...so everyone does this and I just have to jump on this band wagon. I think it's one of those suppressed urges from days past when friends would send those dumb questionnaires. Here are my answers, sans questions. :)
1. I’m 28, live in Seattle, am single, and keep very busy.
2. I want a boyfriend, but wouldn’t admit it if you asked. :)
3. I am proud to say that I have graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science, despite a lot of hurdles.
4. I love to write, but can’t seem to keep a journal to save my life. I like to write in either a technical or business setting.
5. I don’t always speak coherently to a listener because I’m trying to get every detail in when the situation is important.
6. I want a VESPA. In fact, I’m seriously considering it. I don’t know what color VESPA I want.
7. I’m stressed a lot because I’m a perfectionist to the nth degree. The phrase “good enough” is not in my vocabulary.
8. I don’t relax easily.
9. I define myself by my job, no matter what that is at the time.
10. I like to knit, but don’t do enough of it.
11. I think I live in the best place on Earth (I’m a native). Where else can you (1) be within an hour or so of mountains, oceans, islands, a rain forest, several cities, and a foreign country and (2) experience all the seasons within a 10 minute period some days??
12. In the middle of a Seattle winter I think I’d like to live anywhere but here.
13. I love coffee! Coffee = Water… period.
14. Despite living in Seattle, Starbucks is not my favorite coffee.
15. I think Boyd’s, Tully’s, and Seattle’s Best are way better than Starbucks. I also like the small coffee shops near where I live. I also like the idea of buying “fair trade” coffee.
16. I secretly want to own a house, but can’t see spending an average of $350K when I’m indecisive and young.
17. I enjoy living in an apartment in the city.
18. I LOVE that I can walk to a farmer’s market every Sunday.
19. I like to cook…anything I feel like.
20. I’ll try most anything once, more if I like it the first time.
21. I giggle. I can’t help it.
22. I have a calm demeanor and don’t get excited easily.
23. Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth in my book.
24. I think my family is related to the Griswold’s sometimes… down to the cat in the Christmas Vacation movie.
25. I love my immediate family… a lot.
26. My parent’s are still married.
27. I would rather shop by myself than with others.
28. I can be mysterious.
29. I think it’s hard to find fresh mint here. That irritates me.
30. I like to read anything but romances, the really popular “women’s books”, mysteries, and westerns.
31. I was in an Astronomy class in high school. The observatory was the only one present at a high school in the State of Washington. I drove by my old high school the other day and discovered that the observatory is no longer there. That makes me both mad and sad.
32. I still like Astronomy today.
33. I have visited an archeological dig in the eastern part of the state I live in. Part of the deal is that you get to keep three fossils you find. Two of the three fossils I kept were used in research about bugs that ate ancient gingko leaves and have been displayed at the museum at the dig.
34. I like geology too.
35. I wanted to be a civil engineer.
36. I like train travel.
37. I don’t think I want kids, but I'm really not sure.
38. I’m an oldest child.
39. I have one younger brother.
40. I still like the computer game “The Sims”.
41. I don’t watch much TV, but love Netflix.
42. I like to drink Cosmopolitans. In fact, I liked them before Sex and the City made them popular.
43. I think it’s cliché to drink Cosmopolitans, but don’t care. They taste good.
44. I’m not into country music much, but I like the song “Her First Mistake” by Lyle Lovett.
45. I don’t cry, normally. But I lost it at work not too long ago. It was embarrassing, but has now become a joke.
46. I think the people at Sesame Street “stole” a name I created for my first kitty. Her name was Snugglepuss. (Snuggle because she liked to snuggle under my chin when we were both young and puss…well, she’s a kitty and I watched “Puss ‘n Boots”.) I named her that long before they had a character called that.
47. I always wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid when I was little. I think they’re ugly now.
48. I hate ferris wheels and tea cup rides.
49. I love roller coasters!
50. I want to go storm chasing someday. (like tornadoes, etc…)
51. I like lightning storms. We don’t have them very often here.
52. I don’t tan…ever.
53. I truly cannot imagine what a million dollars would look like if I ever won it. (Ok, I can imagine a check. :) I don’t know what I’d do with it all.
54. I’m cheap… no, frugal.
55. I like the color red.
56. I never had braces. I had an old-school dentist that pulled teeth instead. I’m happy about that.
57. I like scotch and I blame it on my pediatrician from when I was young. I apparently had a bad time teething and he told my parents to dip their fingers in some diluted scotch and then let me suck on the finger. It was supposed to numb my gums.
58. Actually, I like the lemon rind that gets soaked in a scotch on the rocks or with club soda.
59. My first car had a dramatic demise. I watched as it was dropped off the back of a tow truck on a steep hill. It hit two other cars, and caused major damage to a bus shelter. But no one was hurt.
60. The owner of the tow truck company was a neighbor. The operator that dropped the car off the back of the truck was his son.
61. The car was totaled and the son did get to keep his job.
62. I’ve been told countless times by countless people that I lead a charmed life. I agree.
63. I’ve never had stitches.
64. I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate.
65. I’m not afraid of earthquakes.
66. In horoscopes, I am Cancer the Crab and a Horse. As I grow older, I see myself more and more as a Cancer. I’ve always seen myself as a Horse.
67. My mother decided to complicate my legal name and spell it “the German way”, hence it’s a mess on everything and I hate correcting it. Katharine (notice a instead of e) Despite the hassle, I like it.
68. When I was young I changed the spelling of the name I’m known by from Katy to Katie. Now that I’m older, sometimes I wish I wouldn’t have done that.
69. I like to sing in the car… alone.
70. I buy myself flowers when I feel like it.
71. I know several other people who share my birthday.
72. I didn’t know anyone else named Katie (or Katherine) until I was in college.
73. I’m competitive; especially if my competition is a man.
74. I love NPR radio stations…especially the guys on “Car Talk”.
75. It upsets me that I know people that don’t know what’s going on in the world or even their own neighborhood. But that’s their choice and I won’t harp.
76. I believe that everyone should vote. I’m passionate about that.
77. Ice cream is almost as good as coffee.
78. I give myself plenty of opportunities to laugh at myself.
79. I wish people in Seattle would learn how to merge on I-5.
80. I almost always have something witty or sarcastic to say. I don’t always say it.
81. I never think of myself as artistic. But I can be given that I’m relaxed and in that mindset.
82. I like to be right.
83. I want to go to the Olympics when they’re in Vancouver, BC in 2010.
84. It's been a year since I've travelled to London. Christmas in London is awesome.
85. I like Canadians, sometimes better than Americans.
86. I firmly believe in the sayings “Things happen in threes…” and “What goes around, comes around”.
87. I love quotes.
88. I like to garden. Since I live in an apartment that is a limited hobby. I do containers of herbs and flowers.
89. I don’t normally paint my fingernails, but I like to paint my toenails.
90. I really like the song “Oh” by Dave Matthews.
91. I have an easier time of making friends with males.
92. I once waited 8 hours in line on a cold and rainy day to see a U2 concert… just so a friend and I could get in the heart.
93. I’m baffled to say that it was worth it.
94. I’m extremely patient with others, but extremely impatient with myself.
95. I like tea.
96. I watch Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy religiously.
97. I also like the series Six Feet Under but always have to wait until it comes out on dvd because I don’t have cable.
98. I don’t have any regrets and hope to never have any.
99. My favorite musical is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
100. As soon as I’m done with this list, I’ll think of a million more things I could have said.